Despite the rise in the use of social media, email still remains the de facto business messaging tool of choice, with conservative estimates that almost 300 billion emails are sent worldwide every day. But its use is not without problems.
Simply backing up and storing email is not enough. Organisations need to know that it is held securely in compliance with legal or regulatory requirements while being available when necessary.
Email Archiving is the Cloud based email archiving solution that addresses the three main challenges of email usage: regulatory compliance, storage and internal policy management, without the associated complications of managing and maintaining an archiving system in house.
What does it do?
Our archiving solution allows users to decide, at a policy level, what mail requires archiving and who has access to the mail. It can be simply set to archive all mail to or from a domain, or it could be applied to individual users or groups.
In addition to deciding what mail is to be archived, access levels can be set to restrict access to the mail archive. These rights can range from providing all users with easy access to their archives though the standard mail interface, through to only allowing specific authorised users to view the archived mail. No mail can ever be deleted from the archive.
All mail archived is encrypted to prove that there hasn’t been any tampering, a crucial benefit should that mail subsequently be used in legal proceedings. In addition, all mail is copied to multiple geographically diverse UK locations in the data centre network to ensure it is always available and that there is a duplicate record in the event of a catastrophic failure of one data centre.
Features & Benefits
- No expensive capital investments or high ongoing variable running costs
- Rapid Service Establishment – simple change to Mail Exchange (MX) records
- Unlimited Mailboxes
- Permanent removal of messages by coordinated action of multiple administrators
- Drag and drop
- No on-site hardware or software required
- Data stored in defined, appropriate jurisdictions
- Audit log of administrator access and activity
- Policy-based data retention of all inbound and outbound email
- 100% Service Level Uptime
- Simple Outlook integration
- Anywhere, anytime, access
- Near real-time search
- Disaster Recovery in event of Mail System failure
- Single integrated Business Mail Control Panel
- Self-service recovery of lost or user-deleted messages
- Advanced eDiscovery
- All data stored for 10 years
- Archives held in secure ISO27001 certified Data Centres